It is sometimes difficult to judge for oneself whether it is time to seek professional help.
Here are a few questions which may help you to orientate yourself:
- Am I sleeping too much or too little?
- Am I comfort eating? Or is it more that I have to remind myself to eat because I am never hungry? Has food /food avoidance/ weight become a preoccupation for me?
- Do I lie awake worrying about things? Am I having a panic attack? Is what I am feeling anxiety?
- Am I no longer doing the things I used to love to do (including avoiding social contact)?
- Am I feeling depressed? Exhausted? Isolated? Aggressive?
- Do I feel like I am always on the go/ always working but never manage to finish anything?
- Have I had thoughts about harming myself? (or someone else?)
If these thoughts/ feelings occur then it may be at least worth having a consultation to see if there is something that can be done for you in terms of improving your mental health.